This is the list of best free & paid Ahrefs Alternatives with Pros & Cons. Check out this guide & pick the best Ahrefs competitor to perform SEO for your website.
Ahrefs is a powerful tool for SEO. They have millions of keywords, and you can easily discover the keywords for any niche. Most of the SEO experts and bloggers are using Ahrefs for their website. Because they are offering different SEO tools to their users. These tools are;
Ahrefs has four plans for its users. It’s starting plan is $99 while the end plan is $999. And, the beginner’s bloggers & SEO professionals can’t afford the starting Ahrefs plan due to higher prices.
So, Don’t worry! We have prepared a list of best free and paid Ahrefs alternatives for you. With the help of these best & cheaper Ahrefs alternatives, you can easily perform the SEO activities (Keyword Research, Competitor Analysis, and Traffic Analysis, and so on) for your website.
But before knowing its alternatives, you should know what the main reasons to prefer other SEO tools over Ahrefs are. So, let’s start!
Why Should You Consider Other Ahrefs Options?
There are various reasons to prefer other SEO tools over Ahrefs. These main reasons are;
1. No Free Trial
Most of the SEO’s want a free trial before purchasing any SEO tool because, in the free trial, they can experiment with all the SEO tools for their website. After experimenting, they can easily analyze the results of these tools for their website.
But Ahrefs does not provide any free trial to its users to experiment with its features. You have to pay $7 for 7 days trial. It can be the biggest reason to consider other Ahrefs options.
2. Expensive for Beginners & Smaller SEO Teams
If you are looking for specific tools such as keyword research and backlink analysis, then Ahrefs is not a perfect fit for you because they provide all the SEO tools in their beginner plan which is $99/Month.
While a beginner and smaller SEO team can’t afford Ahrefs plans due to higher pricing, in this situation, they look for other specific solutions to Ahrefs.
3. Keyword Volume & Difficulty is Not Accurate
In the starting of our blogging journey, we have used the Ahrefs keyword research tool for our blog. But after using its keywords research tool, we found that our blog keywords didn’t rank due to inaccurate search volume & difficulty.
After this problem, we have tried various Ahrefs keyword research tool alternatives such as KWFinder and SEMrush. We found both these tools were best for keyword research, and they solved our problem. So it is also the main reason to move from Ahrefs tool to its alternatives.
4. New Competitors are Going Ahead
Most of the new competitors of Ahrefs have developed a specialized SEO tool for their users.
If you want a sole tool for your website backlink analysis, then Monitor Backlinks is giving strong competition to Ahrefs. Otherwise, you want a sole keyword research tool, KWFinder is better than Ahrefs.
If you want to track your organic & paid competitors with the last 13 years of data, Spyfu is the best cheaper alternative to Ahrefs. Otherwise, for searching top-performing content & influencers, Buzzsumo is a great Ahrefs content explorer alternative.
When we compare Ahrefs with its stronger competitor SEMrush, we found that Ahrefs beginner plan has limited SEO tools than SEMrush beginner plan at a similar price.
If you want to use an all in one SEO toolkit at the same price, then you will prefer SEMrush over Ahrefs because of its advanced features. And, SEMrush offers additional suggestions for improving your website SEO.
Top 10 Free and Paid Ahrefs Alternatives for Bloggers & Digital Marketers (2020)
Here we will give you the list of Ahrefs competitors and the tools similar to Ahrefs that you should use in 2020. We will also compare the Ahrefs with its competitor based on its features.
1. SEMrush: Grab 7 Days Free Trial (Worth $99.95)
SEMrush is the best alternative to Ahrefs because they have more than 20 billion keywords in their database, which is double than Ahrefs. SEMrush is used by 6 million users worldwide till 25 August 2020.
They offer a huge collection of SEO tools including;
- Backlink Analysis (You can fix toxic backlinks)
We have been using the SEMrush SEO tools since last year, and we found satisfactory results from the SEMrush in terms of keyword research and backlink analysis. If you are looking for a complete SEO toolkit, SEMrush is the best choice for you.
|Page Crawling in Site Audit (Per Month)|
|Google Search Console & Analytics Integration|
|Accurate Keyword Volume Offered|
|Grab 7 days Free Trial Now||Claim 7 days Trial for $7|
SEMrush offers three plans to its users. These plans are following;
- Pro Plan ( $99.95/month)
- Guru Plan ($199.95/month)
- Business Plan ($399.95/month)
You can see the dashboard of SEMrush in the following image which looks like this;
So what are you waiting for, start using your SEMrush free trial now by clicking the below link.
- All in One SEO toolkit to perform the SEO related tasks such as keyword research, site audit, competitor analysis, and backlink analysis, etc.
- It offers a brand monitoring option for you to track your website mention.
- You can easily find your competitor keywords through the Organic Research tool.
- It offers accurate keyword volume data than other tools, including Ahrefs.
- You can easily find the technical and SEO related issues for your website through Site Audit.
- You can easily find toxic backlinks and disavow them using the SEMrush tool.
- It offers you a traffic estimation of any website. That means what type of traffic (organic, direct, social, and referral) any website is getting.
- You can compare your website with your competitors to find who is ranking well or who is not.
- You can create a white label report for your website. Otherwise, SEMrush offers an automated SEO reporting option.
- It offers Google Analytics & Google Search Console integration to analyze your content & user-experience.
- You can easily track your keywords ranking through SEMrush.
- Get better optimization ideas for your website via the On-Page SEO checker tool.
We found that SEMrush does not offer the exact traffic insights for the lower traffic websites.
7 Reasons to Choose SEMrush Over Ahrefs
Here are some of the biggest reasons to choose SEMrush over Ahrefs.
1. Offers 45+ SEO tools
SEMrush is used by 6 million users worldwide. It offers you over 45+ SEO tools from Keyword Research to Organic Research to Site Audit, Position Tracking, and On-Page SEO Checker, etc.
If you have access to the SEMrush SEO tool, you don’t require other SEO tools because they are offering complete SEO solutions to their users.
2. Huge Keyword Database
SEMrush is one of the few tools that has a massive keyword database. It has now more than 20 billion keywords in its database.
There is no shortage of keywords in SEMrush Keyword Magic Tool. You can easily find low competition keywords using Keyword Magic Tool for any niche.
3. On-Page SEO Checker Tool
If you want to find how to optimize your content to get higher organic traffic, then the On-Page SEO Checker tool gives you the optimization ideas for your web pages.
You get optimization suggestions such as SERP features ideas, semantic ideas, backlink ideas, strategy ideas, Content Ideas, technical SEO ideas, and user-experience to rank on the first page.
It would be best if you implemented their optimization ideas to get more organic search traffic for your website. At the same time, Ahrefs does not provide any special tool which offers your on-page SEO suggestions deeply.
4. Position Tracking
You can track your keywords rankings daily with SEMrush, and it also sends you the automated report of your keyword position to your email id every day. That helps you to optimize your web page accordingly.
But in Ahrefs, you can track your keywords weekly, and for daily keyword tracking reports, you have to pay extra money to them. So, SEMrush easily wins over Ahrefs.
5. SEO Reporting
SEMrush also sends you the automated SEO reports for your website. You can easily create a custom report using SEMrush, but in Ahrefs, you can’t create a custom report for your website.
6. Content Marketing Toolkit
SEMrush offers a toolkit called the SEMrush Content Platform to create a perfect content strategy for a website or blog. The content toolkit helps you to find the topic ideas for your blog, and you can easily plan, write & analyze your content using this tool.
SEMrush is offering the following tools to make a perfect content strategy;
If you are a business owner and marketing agency, we strongly recommend you use the SEMrush Content toolkit to take your content marketing to the next level. You can get unlimited access to this tool in SEMrush Guru Plan.
Grab 7 days Free Trial of SEMrush Content Toolkit
If you want to know more about SEMrush Content Marketing Tool, you can read here. At the same time, Ahrefs does not provide any content toolkit to plan & analyze your content.
7. Ability to Find & Fix Toxic Backlinks
SEMrush offers a Backlink Audit tool for analyzing your website link. In this tool, you can easily find the backlink types (dofollow & nofollow), and it also tells you the toxic and non-toxic backlinks.
The backlink audit report looks like this;
If your website has more toxic backlinks, then it can hurt your search engine rankings and damage the reputation in search engines. SEMrush offers a disavow tool to remove the toxic backlinks. So, you should identify the toxic backlinks and disavow them.
At the same time, Ahrefs does not provide any tool to find toxic backlinks.
These are the main reasons that make SEMrush better than Ahrefs in most of the cases.
If you are searching for the free SEMrush trial, check out the following section.
Grab 7 Days Free SEMrush Trial Here
Check out this link and grab a free SEMrush trial account for 7 days.
When you click on the above link, it redirects you to the following page;
Click on “Get a free 7 day Trial” button to continue.
Create your account by entering your email id & password. Otherwise, you can login directly through your Gmail account.
After creating an account, it asks you to choose your plan for a free trial. Choose the Pro plan and click on “Get a Free Trial”.
After choosing your plan, SEMrush redirects you to the payment page. So enter your credit card details to get a 7 days trial for free.
Fill out the details such as email id, password, and credit card properly to grab a free SEMrush Pro account.
If you want a free demo of SEMrush, then they will happy to give you a free demo. Click here to get a free SEMrush demo.
Note: SEMrush also offers PPC research, Market research, Social Media Management with SEO & Content toolkit. At the same time, all its competitors, including Ahrefs in this list does not offer advanced features like SEMrush.
Read This: 10 Best SEMrush Alternatives to Get Better Ranking Results
2. KWFinder (Get 40% discount on Annual Plans)
Are you searching for the cheaper alternative to Ahrefs keyword explorer tool? If Yes, then KWfinder by Mangools is the cheaper Ahrefs keyword explorer alternative.
KWFinder by Mangools has 2.5 billion related keywords in its database, which is also a huge number. They are offering an amazing keyword metric “Keyword Difficulty” that helps you to discover low competition keywords. KWFinder offers this metric accurately.
Here are the pricing plans of the KWfinder tool with other Mangools SEO tools (Get 40% discount on Annual Plans).
- You can easily find long-tail keywords.
- It offers a “Keyword Difficulty” metric to discover low competition keywords.
- You can easily find your competitor keywords using the KWFinder tool.
- It offers exact keyword search volume with historical data.
- You can easily find Google Autocomplete Keywords and Question Keywords.
- You can organize your keywords in the keyword list and also import your keywords in bulk to analyze the search volume, keyword difficulty, and CPC.
- KWfinder tool also offers local keyword research.
- You can easily do the backlink analysis and rank tracking.
- You can analyze your competitor through the SERP Analysis tool.
- It offers the Site Profiler to analyze your website authority & other SEO metrics.
- KWFinder is also known as the best keyword planner alternative.
- KWFinder has a limitation on keywords lookups, SERP lookups, keyword suggestions, rank tracking in their premium plans.
- You can use KWFinder tools free for ten days, and after this, you have to purchase their premium plan.
3. Ubersuggest (Freemium)
If you are looking for a freemium alternative to Ahrefs, then Ubersuggest is the best pick for you. Ubersuggest does not provide massive data like Ahrefs and SEMrush, but it is an affordable SEO tool for you as a beginner.
Ubersuggest also provides more long-tail keyword ideas for a single keyword, and they also show desktop search volume and mobile search volume for a particular keyword which is incredible.
Here are the pricing plans for the Ubersuggest tool.
- It offers you a free version and its premium plans are affordable.
- You can find long-tail keyword suggestions easily with a desktop & mobile search volume.
- It gives you a ton of information about keywords with Search Volume, SEO Difficulty, Paid Difficulty, Searcher’s Age, and SEO clicks, etc.
- Ubersuggest also provides related keywords, suggestions, question keywords, preposition, and comparison keywords.
- You can find content ideas for a keyword with estimated visits, backlinks, and total shares.
- Ubersuggest also provides a Site Audit with lots of suggestions related to SEO and website speed.
- You can track your keywords ranking for desktop & mobile separately.
- You can do competitor analysis & backlink analysis.
- Ubersuggest does not provide accurate search volume in comparison to paid tools like Ahrefs and SEMrush.
- You can’t track your competitor’s organic keywords for a single web page. While in Ahrefs & SEMrush, you can track your competitor’s organic keywords for a single web page also.
- Ubersuggest does not provide accurate traffic data for any website.
- Ubersuggest is providing only limited data in the free version. For getting more data, you have to purchase the Ubersuggest premium plan.
4. Moz Pro (Get 30 days Free Trial)
If you are searching for a premium site similar to Ahrefs, Moz is a good choice for you. They have a premium SEO toolkit that helps you to do keyword research, competitor analysis, rank tracking, site crawling, on-page optimization, and backlink analysis.
Most of the bloggers use Moz to check the domain and page authority for their blog every day.
Here are the pricing plans for Moz.
- You can easily find low competitive keywords with SEO metrics such as keyword difficulty, search volume, organic CTR, and ranking prediction score.
- You can easily discover your competitor’s top-ranking keywords.
- It gives you the link explorer tool to find the competitor’s backlinks and top-performing content.
- You can easily find the backlink opportunities and broken links for your website.
- Moz offers an On-Page Optimization tool to fix technical SEO issues with content suggestions.
- It also offers a Site Crawling tool to fix the crawling issues related to websites.
- You can easily analyze the SERP visibility of any website.
- You can create custom and branded SEO reports for your clients using the Moz tool.
- It offers a domain authority checker tool to find domain and page authority for a website.
- Moz has a larger SEO community that helps you to share insights about this tool.
- Moz provides fewer features in comparison to Ahrefs & SEMrush tools.
- Moz interface is not easy to use as a beginner.
Moz has a pro tool, but they offer the 30 days free trial to their users for experimenting before purchasing. Grab 30 days Moz trial for free, and use its SEO tools to grow your website organic visibility in SERP.
5. Buzzsumo (Get 7 days Free Trial)
Buzzsumo is the best tool to discover content ideas and influencers such as Bloggers, YouTubers, and Instagramers in your niche.
It is a great Ahrefs competitor, and you can use it for finding the top-performing content, monitoring competitors, brand mentions & industry updates in your niche.
You can also do keyword research and track your competitor backlinks using Buzzsumo.
Here are the pricing plans for Buzzsumo.
- It is easy to use for beginners
- You can generate unlimited content ideas for any topic.
- It also helps you to search for trending content in any niche.
- You can easily do keyword research with Buzzsumo, and it also provides related and similar keywords, search volume, CPC, top-performing content, SERP analysis, and Quora & Reddit questions related to content.
- You can easily find your competitor’s backlinks using the Backlink tool.
- It also helps you to find the top-performing content in any niche.
- You can also find the top-performing videos for Youtube in any niche.
- Buzzsumo also helps you to find the top influencers & authors in your niche.
- You can also track brand mentions using the Buzzsumo tool.
- You can search the content from the last five years with an analysis report.
- Buzzsumo’s basic plan starts from $99, which is expensive because they are providing limited tools in comparison to Ahrefs and SEMrush.
- If you want more content ideas, then you can use the Buzzsumo tool for your website. Before paying them, you can use their seven days of free trial to find unlimited content ideas for your blog.
6. Monitor Backlinks (Get 30 Days Free Trial)
If you are searching for Ahrefs backlink analysis alternative, then Monitor Backlinks is good because it does in-depth backlink profile analysis for a website.
With Monitor Backlinks, you can track your backlinks overtime with SEO metrics such as trust flow, citation flow, backlink status, domain authority score, and external links, etc.
Here are the Monitor Backlinks pricing plans.
- You can analyze your website backlink profile deeply with SEO metrics such as trust flow, citation flow, anchor text, number of external domains, lost backlinks, top-level domains, and estimated visits.
- It tells you how many backlinks your website has with top anchor text, follow & nofollow backlinks, top-level domain, IP location, and top linked pages.
- You can also analyze your competitor backlinks with SEO metrics.
- You can also analyze your competitor backlinks with all the SEO metrics.
- It also allows you to track your keywords ranking with volume, CPC, competition. You can also compare your website ranking with competitors.
- You can disavow bad backlinks using its disavow tool.
- It will notify your website link status that means when a dofollow backlink becomes nofollow.
- You will receive an automated email notification about new and lost backlinks.
- You can extract a detailed report of your website backlink profile in the CSV format.
- Monitor Backlinks is also providing a free backlink checker tool to analyze the top 300 links of any domains.
- You will get a 30 days free trial without putting credit card details.
Monitor Backlinks does not show the exact position of keywords in the Rank tracker feature, and they are overpriced and do not have more features like Ahrefs & SEMrush.
7. Serpstat (Premium)
Serpstat has a complete SEO toolkit which is similar to Ahrefs. You can use this tool to do competitor analysis, keyword research, backlink analysis, and so on.
Serpstat helps you to track your competitors using its analysis tools completely.
Here are the pricing plans for Serpstat;
As you can see above, Its plans are cheaper than Ahrefs, and if you are looking for Ahrefs competitor sites, then you should consider Serpstat to create a perfect SEO strategy for your blog.
- You can quickly track your competitor’s organic keywords, top pages, missing keywords, PPC keywords with their SERP position.
- It also helps you to track your website and competitor’s keywords rankings.
- You can do Site Audit to find your website On-Page SEO issues.
- You can do a backlink analysis to remove bad backlinks and save your website from any penalty.
- It allows batch analysis of up to 200 domains. It means you can track your competitor backlink profile with referral domains, external domains, dofollow & nofollow backlinks, and so on.
- It also suggests more topic ideas to create more content for your website or blog with questions.
- You can easily search your organic & ad competitors.
Serpstat doesn’t provide the exact data regarding keyword difficulty.
8. Spyfu (Starts at $33/month)
If you want to find your competitor’s most profitable Google Ads & Organic keywords in seconds, then you should try the Spyfu tool.
With the help of Spyfu, you will get unlimited access to your website or competitor’s data like organic keywords & PPC keywords, etc. It is the outstanding competitor keyword research tool and a great alternative to Ahrefs.
Here are the pricing plans for Spyfu.
- You can easily access your competitor’s data like keywords, backlinks, top pages & keywords, and ranking history.
- It helps you perform the detailed keyword research for SEO & PPC with SERP Analysis.
- You can do backlink analysis & outreach for your website.
- It helps you to track your organic keywords ranking.
- You can quickly find the organic & ads competitors.
- It helps you to build custom reports for your SEO & PPC campaigns.
- You will get unlimited access to 13 years of historical keyword data of SEO & PPC keywords.
- It has affordable pricing options in comparison to Ahrefs & SEMrush.
Spyfu only shows the PPC data for Google Ads, not for Bing, Yahoo, and Facebook Ads. While in comparison to SEMrush, it offers only SEO & PPC tools.
9. The Hoth (Free)
If you are searching for a completely free alternative to Ahrefs.com, then we suggest The Hoth is offering 20+ free SEO tools to their users. You can easily do the keyword research, SEO Audit, Rank Tracking, Backlink Analysis, and Content Analysis using this tool.
So, you can easily access all the SEO tools for free after creating an account.
- It helps you to find long-tail keywords with search volume, competition, trends, and CPC metrics.
- You can easily find your organic search competitors & website traffic.
- It helps you to check your website domain authority score.
- You can do an SEO audit & Rank tracking for your website.
- You can do an Online Reputation & Local business listing audit for your website.
- It helps you to do backlinks analysis for your competitor website.
- You can generate topics & headlines for your blog.
- You can also find keyword density & content readability for your blog.
It is a free ahrefs.com alternative, but it does not have more features like Ahrefs and SEMrush. If you are a beginner, then you can use The Hoth free SEO tools for keyword research, site audit, rank tracking, backlink analysis, and competitor analysis.
10. Keywordtool.io (Freemium)
Keywordtool.io is the freemium tool that helps you to generate long-tail keywords for Google, Bing, Amazon, Youtube, Twitter, Instagram, eBay, and Play Store. It is the best alternative to the Google Keyword Planner tool.
It generates 750+ long-tail keywords ideas from Google Autocomplete in the free version without creating an account. Keywordtool.io supports 83 languages to produce keyword suggestions.
Here are the pricing plans for keywordtool.io.
- You can generate lots of long-tail keyword suggestions for any niche.
- It also gives you the related keywords, question keywords, and preposition keywords suggestions along with long-tail keywords.
- You don’t need to create an account for doing keyword research for free.
- It also gives you the search volume, CPC, competition, trends, and historical data along with long-tail keywords.
- It provides reliable keyword suggestions in comparison to free keyword research tools.
- You can find long-tail keyword suggestions for search engines, eCommerce websites, play store, and social media platforms.
- You can do the competitor’s website keyword analysis.
- In the Free Version, Keywordtool.io provides only keyword suggestions, and it does not offer search volume, CPC, competition, trends, and historical data. You can access the search volume, CPC, competition, trends and historical data in its premium version.
- It is not an SEO toolkit like Ahrefs & SEMrush. You can only do keyword research and competitor ‘s keyword analysis here.
F.A.Q. About Ahrefs Alternatives and Its Competitors
Here is the list of interesting questions regarding Ahrefs and its SEO tools alternatives that have been asked by the users in the past.
Ans: You can’t use Ahrefs for free in 2020. You can use a 7 days Ahrefs trial in $7.
Ans: You can’t use Ahrefs for free in a lifetime. They provide some free SEO tools to their users, but here you can access only limited data. Check Ahrefs free SEO tools in their footer section.
Ans: SEMrush is the best alternative to Ahrefs tools for SEO because it offers additional SEO tools in comparison to Ahrefs.
Ans: You can easily track your organic keywords using SEMrush & Spyfu tool. Both are the best options for organic keywords tracking in comparison to Ahrefs.
Ans: Ubersuggest and The Hoth tools are the best free options for Ahrefs. You can do keyword research, competitor analysis, backlink analysis, and SEO audit for free using these tools.
Ans: You can use The Hoth, Ubersuggest, and keywordtool.io for free to find the keywords for your website quickly.
Ans: Spyfu is the cheaper alternative to Ahrefs.com, and both these tools have almost the same features.
Ans: Ahrefs is better than Ubersuggest because Ubersuggest does not provide the exact keyword search volume. You can not find your competitor’s top page keywords in Ubersuggest, and it does not show the right website traffic stats.
Ans: SEMrush is overall the best choice in comparison to Ahrefs because you will get advanced SEO tools here and it also offers a free trial to its users.
Ans: Monitor Backlinks is the best tool to monitor the website backlinks because it analyzes your backlink profile deeply with SEO metrics such as citation flow, trust flow, domain authority score, harmful backlinks, spam score, Moz rank, dofollow or nofollow backlinks, and so on.
Final thoughts on Ahrefs & its Competitors
In the above list, we have given a list of free & paid Ahrefs alternatives. But you will have a question in your mind, which tool you should pick up for SEO.
The answer is simple. You should pick up that tool which suits your SEO needs & monthly budget because most of the time requirement is different. Some people want to use a keyword research tool while others want All in One SEO toolkit.
So, choose the right Ahrefs alternative from the given list and improve your website traffic & search engine rankings by applying the suggestions.
Note: This is a friendly suggestion for you. If you are an agency, company, and blogger, then you should try SEMrush definitely because it is a complete digital marketing toolkit. From Market Research to PPC Research to SEO, Content Marketing, and Social Media Marketing, you can perform all these tasks effectively through SEMrush. After using it, you will haven’t need other tools to improve your presence in the online space.
If you liked this article, then please share this article on Twitter and LinkedIn. And, if you have any questions regarding Ahrefs alternatives, then let us know in the comment section.
30 Ways How to Increase Traffic to Your Blog (for Free) in 2020
15 Best Free & Paid Keyword Research Tools to Grow Your Organic Traffic
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links and at no additional cost to you, We will earn a commission. When you purchase a product or service using one of our affiliate links, the company compensates us, which helps us run this blog and keep our content free of charge to you. Know that We also only recommend products We personally stand behind.